Let us review the top 10 and best bike helmets for ponytails and buns. They accommodate hairstyles of all sizes and do not bring any uneasiness and discomfort while riding. In addition, their design endorses market-leading protection. They remain engineered according to advanced technological standards.
Undoubtedly, these helmets look most durable, tough and lightweight. They are super shock absorbing and protect your face from impacts and dents. They reduce rotational forces and are ideal to be used for commuting, cycling and skateboarding.
Girls have often complained that their helmets fail to accommodate their buns or ponytails and bring discomfort during the whole ride. But these helmets are ideally ponytail compatible:
- Comparison table of Top 10 Best bike helmets for ponytail in 2022
- Giro Vasona Women Helmet
- MONATA Bike Helmet for Women
- Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
- BELL Thalia Women’s Helmet
- BASE CAMP Bike Helmet for Women
- Team Obsidian Airflow Bike Helmet
- Zacro Bike Helmet for Women
- ABUS Bike-Helmet Hyban 2.0
- Bell Women’s Glow Lighted Helmet
- Smith Network MIPS Helmet
- Our top choices for best bike helmets for ponytail are here:
Comparison table of Top 10 Best bike helmets for ponytail in 2022
|Giro Vasona Women Helmet||Engineered and market-leading||22 vents||Universal|
|MONATA Bike Helmet for Women||Certified||10 vents||Adjustable from 21.6 to 24 inches|
|Schwinn Thrasher Helmet||Lightweight and fully padded||20 vents||Customizable from 22. 88 to 24. 5 inches|
|BELL Thalia Women’s Helmet||Advanced||16 vents||True fit system|
|BASE CAMP Bike Helmet for Women||Comfortable and universal||9 vents||Secure fit system|
|Team Obsidian Airflow Bike Helmet||Superior and vented||22 vents||Universal|
|Zacro Bike Helmet for Women||Advanced||18 vents||Custom-fit|
|ABUS Bike-Helmet Hyban 2.0||ABS hardshell design||8 vents||Universal fit|
|Bell Women’s Glow Lighted Helmet||Channeled airflow design||13 vents||Ponytail, bun compatible system|
|Smith Network MIPS Helmet||Lightweight||20 vents||Vapor Fit adjustable system|
Giro Vasona Women Helmet
|Number of vents||22|
- You get market leading protection
- It is MIPS certified
- It seems to be easily adjustable
- There are 22 vents encased in it for ensuring proper and thorough ventilation.
Unquestionably, Giro Vasona Women Helmet seems to be one of the best helmets for girls with ponytails. It fits your bun perfectly and does not bring any discomfort. This one is Giro’s category-leading model, which is test lab approved. The inclusion of the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System would keep the rider safe if he had an unfortunate accident.
Adjusting and positioning it is no longer a problem. With the help of the Roc Loc Sport MIPS Fit System, you can effortlessly adjust the tension. The secure fit system comprises a simple dial, and you only have to move it up or down to get an individualized and customized fit. Lastly, it has a moisture-wicking liner and is best used for urban commuting.
Pros and cons of Giro Vasona Women Helmet
Read More Similar Helpful Resource Below
MONATA Bike Helmet for Women
|Number of vents||10|
- It contains a removable cycling cap visor.
- The wind tunnel ventilation mechanism is installed in it.
- The inner pads are also detachable made of soft material.
- It is 100% bun and ponytail compatible.
Stop worrying about the problem that your ponytail or bun often gets stuck in the helmet? What to do in such a situation? Invest in a ponytail compatible helmet, and you can definitely have this MONATA Bike Helmet. It has a removable Cycling-Cap Visor. The primary purpose of the cap-style visor is to thoroughly protect your face from the scorching rays of the sun.
Most importantly, the design looks extremely stylish because it is explicitly meant for women and girls who make buns or ponytails. The inner pads remain made of skin-friendly material and give extra comfort. Ten vents are there, and they will not make you feel suffocated. In fact, these vents drive in the fresh air and remove hot air around the rider’s head.
Pros and cons of MONATA Bike Helmet for Women
Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
|Number of vents||20|
- It is 100% lightweight and specifically meant for girls who make high ponytails or buns.
- It has an easy to adjust dial fit knob to make the helmet smoothly adjust on your head.
- The micro shell layers bring added durability.
- The design complies with the .S. CPSC Safety Standards.
How about having the Schwinn Thrasher Helmet? It is one of the lightest helmets and suitable for people falling in the age bracket of 14 years old and up. Your head circumference must lie in between the dimensions of 22.88 to 24.5 inches.
Thus, this reviewed model keeps your hairstyle intact, and you can comfortably ride. It promises to give 360-degree comfort and features with an easy to adjust dial fit knob. Moreover, the full range padding makes the fit more customized. It is encased with two micro-shell layers, accompanied by the EPS foam construction and keeps the helmet super-lightweight and durable.
Pros and cons of Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
BELL Thalia Women’s Helmet
|Color||Thalia – Wine|
|Number of vents||16|
- It comes with the True fit system and is adjustable by just executing and following one step.
- 16 vents draw in a fresh breath of air and remove hot air.
- It is suggested for girls for ages 14+
- It has passed all the U.S. CPSC Safety Standards.
BELL Thalia Women’s Helmet has the most exceptional design embossed that fully claims to be ponytail compatible. It does not matter how high you have made a bun, this respective helmet will accommodate it, and no uneasiness will be there. The inclusion of the True Fit system and effortless to perform one-step adjustment makes it an eye-catchy helmet model meant for women of all age brackets.
It has 16 vents, and its purpose is to keep your head and face cool in case you are riding on a hot sunny day. It gets fit on most of the heads, which measures 54-58 cm. As a general rule, it is recommended to take your head measurement to get a helmet that matches exactly your head size. Rest, it has fulfilled maximum numbers of U.S. CPSC Safety Standards.
Pros and cons of BELL Thalia Women’s Helmet
BASE CAMP Bike Helmet for Women
|Number of vents||9|
- It is dual safety certified and composed of EPS foam and PC shell.
- There is a detachable LD tail-light included in it.
- The vents are strategically placed, and they ensure excellent airflow.
- The induction of an integrated visor keeps your eyes and face protected from the glare.
You must not skip wearing a helmet because it does not make your ponytail get fit in it. We have one exclusive and impressive ponytail compatible helmet, none other than the BASE CAMP Bike Helmet! It is dual safety certified and made using the most durable, high-density material. It absorbs falls, dents and a possible number of impact forces and keeps you protected in case of having a crash.
The detachable LED Taillight has two lighting modes. You can turn them on anytime and receive maximum visibility while riding in the dark. Lastly, the strategically placed vents guarantee perfect airflow and keep the rider cool enough during hot-weather times.
Pros and cons of BASE CAMP Bike Helmet
Team Obsidian Airflow Bike Helmet
|Number of vents||22|
- This one is a solid and premium constructed helmet.
- It comes with an exterior shell and foam for fully protect your head.
- It runs on shock absorption technology and contains 22 vents.
- The overall design is of low-profile nature and looks completely innovative.
Girls have given thumbs up to this Team Obsidian Airflow Bike Helmet! It is solid and world-class constructed and protects your head and face from dents, falls and impacts. It has all the features which any cyclist has asked for! The presence of shock absorption technology and 22 air vents make it an outstanding safety gear.
Fresh and cool air passes through the head, and no hot air is rubbed against your face. In addition, it has a low profile and is encompassed by an innovative design. The package includes all accessories which you need while assembling it. Thus, you can have this helmet has it contains a sleek matte design, washable pads, cushioned chin strap and accommodates ponytails of all sizes.
Pros and cons of Team Obsidian Airflow Bike Helmet
Zacro Bike Helmet for Women
|Number of vents||18|
- It shows high-performance quality, CE marked and also CPSC approved.
- The high-density and shock absorbing technology are encased in it.
- It is all in one polycarbonate and solidly constructed.
- The removable visor and inner pad keep the riding time comfortable.
Zacro is known for making supreme quality bike helmets, and they have exclusively launched models meant to fit ponytails and buns. You can get your hands on the Zacro Bike Helmet as it is CE Marked. It meets the European Standards. Moreover, it endorses being CPSC Approved and complying with the American National Standards.
The best part is that it is drop resistant, brings down the impact forces and gives the safest riding time. Zacro has surrounded this helmet with an aerodynamic design, 18 vents and remains to be ultra-lightweight. If you feel like removing the visor and inner pad, you can do so because they are detachable.
Pros and cons of Zacro Bike Helmet for Women
ABUS Bike-Helmet Hyban 2.0
|Number of vents||8|
- It is a 100% robust helmet packed with an ABS hard shell.
- The injection-moulded and premium outer shell improves its functionality.
- It is a perfect fit for girls who have long hair.
- Its adjustment system is effortless to perform and gives a customized fit.
Girls with long hair, big ponytails and buns can now conveniently put on the helmets, and among so many models, we have the ABUS Bike-Helmet Hyban 2.0! It has an ABS hard shell; EPS foam and the outer shell remains to be injection molded. Moreover, the inclusion of reflectors will give you high visibility. The five air inlets and also eight air outlets ensure 360-degree ventilation.
So, if you are looking for a helmet that shows ponytail compatibility, you can have this recommendation. It looks finely adjustable and offers a perfect customizable and universal fit. Your buns or ponytails will fit nicely into this helmet, and the hairstyle remains fully intact.
Pros and cons of ABUS Bike-Helmet Hyban 2.0
Bell Women’s Glow Lighted Helmet
|Color||Gray Polka Dot|
|Number of vents||13|
- It ensures the safety and increased visibility.
- There are 13 cooling vents in it.
- It meets the U.S. CPSC Safety Standards and all benchmarks.
- The rear light has flashing and blinking modes.
Bell Women’s Glow Lighted Helmet seems to be a popular pick among girls with long ponytails and big buns. It gives you a comfortable fitting time no matter how big your bun is! The rear light remains featured with flashing and blinking modes, and you get increased visibility.
In addition, the reflective graphics enhance safety in case you are riding during the night. 13 cooling vents are there, and they ensure channeled and ideal airflow. Your face remains cool, and no heat will hit your face. Indisputably, customers have witnessed premium quality because it guarantees to fulfil the U.S. CPSC Safety benchmarks.
Pros and cons of Bell Women’s Glow Lighted Helmet
Smith Network MIPS Helmet
|Number of vents||20|
- The in-mold construction makes it a reliable helmet model.
- It ensures 100% ventilation and protection and features a patented and premium Koroyd material.
- Lots of colors are available, and it claims to be MIPS approved.
- There are 20 vents encased with the vapor fit adjustable system.
The last recommendation we have selected for girls is the Smith Network MIPS Helmet! It displays Aerocore in-mold construction and remains 100% compatible with buns and ponytails of all sizes. The injection of patented and durable Koroyd material makes it a long-lasting helmet. Moreover, it runs on the MIPS system, contains 10 optimized vents and has an adjustable dial system.
You can even adjust the side straps according to your face shape. The recommended and suitable head circumference meant for this helmet lies between 54 to 62 cm! Thus, the first-class bike safety gear designed for women has been launched. You can try it out as it has moisture-wicking linings, keeps your face and head sweat-free.
Pros and cons of Smith Network MIPS Helmet
You have come to know the best bike helmets for ponytails and buns. Try out any of them as they are 100% bun and ponytail compatible, dual safety certified, MIPS approved, reflective graphics, removable and soft padded.
Our top choices for best bike helmets for ponytail are here:
These reviewed helmets have been carefully constructed and designed based on shock-absorbing technology. Stay tuned with us!